Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

• Please log in to reply

austin445

austin445

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:) ok this is how it happened, my brother was downloading games and stuff on my cpu when i was at my dads on weekends. i would get home and find 6 diffrent new games on my cpu. well one day when i deciced to clean up my cpu i was starting up and it would say: hilight how you would wish to start, normal normal (last settings that worked) ect. ect. ect. well i tryed all of them and none worked. what would happen is: i would start up and press start normally, then it would start the loading where it would have the dell logo and everything and 2 seconds later it bluescreened and reset. it does this every time i try to get on. if you have a solution please comment or email me at [email protected] thanks :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you read the BSOD stop code?
If not follow these instructions:

Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
Click Enter to disable it
The system should reboot and if not then do so.
When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

austin445

austin445

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
the error code is "STOP 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x81b87efo,0xc0000102,0x00000000)"

austin445

austin445

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Can you read the BSOD stop code?
If not follow these instructions:

Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
Click Enter to disable it
The system should reboot and if not then do so.
When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

the code is 0x0000024

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How To Run Chkdsk /r from Recovery Console:

How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)
  • Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
    Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
  • When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
  • When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
  • At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:

chkdsk /r

• Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)
  • Report any errors

austin445

austin445

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

How To Run Chkdsk /r from Recovery Console:

How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)

• Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
    Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
  • When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
  • When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
  • At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:

chkdsk /r

• Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)
  • Report any errors

now you see i dont have the startup disc or anything.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Windows Recovery Console HERE
Download, and install free Imgburn
Using Imgburn, burn rc.iso to a CD.
Boot to the CD...let it finish loading.

Follow steps from above to run chkdsk /r then

Edited by rshaffer61, 30 June 2009 - 11:37 AM.