Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keep getting sent back to Desk Top.

• Please log in to reply

Desperate1

Desperate1

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm looking for help for my Dad's computer problem. He is having problems with his browser and email. He has an E-Machine computer with Windows XP. He uses Slimbrowser as his main browser. He uses AVG virus protection, and Spybot Search & Destroy.

This is what I know. He told me that he gets sent back to his desk top when he tries to click to open an email. He also says he can do a search, but when he tries to click on a link to a web site, it sends him to his desk top. He can't even get to this site to ask for help. He has also tried using IE, and he has the same problem. If anyone one has any ideas what could be causing this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I will be going to my Dad's house later on today or tomorrow, it depends on my schedule. I would really like to help him, but I'm not real savy when it comes to solving computer problems. So, I am really hoping that someone here could offer some help. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Advertisements