Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot get reboot in safe or any other mode

• Please log in to reply

polliwog

polliwog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I see this topic discussed but am unable to find a solution that worked so far for me or one that I understand. I apologize, I'm not very computer literate.

For a couple wks a low memory notice has been popping up that I was not able to clean up. I have McAffee - but had a LOT of trouble downloading the whole thing. Then the other day a new program has been installed message came up for no apparent reason. Next time I turned on my computer, clicked the button and walked away, upon my return it had the blue screen and a note stating physical dump completed. Tried to restart in safe mode, tried the F8, tried the last known configuration - all ended w/ a completly black screen. I called McAffee who said it was a Dell issue. I then stupidly called Dell and fifty bucks later still have the same issue. The only solution Dell offered for the fifty was to dump ALL of my files and do a reinstall of windows. Not a solution as far as I'm concerned. Any assistance or guidance would be great - and thank goodness for my work laptop so I can even send this email. thank you.

Advertisements