Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CQ60-417DX AGP Aperture Size

• Please log in to reply

TechSix

TechSix

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello all I just recently bought a CQ60-417DX Compaq Laptop and I can't figure out how to make my graphics memory bigger, it's only at 64mb and I need 512mb. It says I can change it but I can't figure out how. Here's a screen shot and a link to my product page. http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218094582077 Posted Image Maybe I need a different bios? I tried updating to the bios they gave me on the HP/Compaq support and drivers page but it's the exact same as the one that comes with the laptop. Please help me. :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most laptops use a fixed table of shared memory dependent on how much is in the computer. There is no point allocating 512Mb to the graphics when you only have 512Mb in the first place. Most laptops generally top out at about 64-128Mb of memory, though the odd one or two now top out at 256Mb if sufficient memory is available.

So therefore I very much doubt you will be able to adjust the amount of video memory in the laptop.