Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

losing mouse-contact

• Please log in to reply

whitehound

whitehound

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My PC was recently infected by the searchinfo malware. I identified the damaged or added files using the free scanner at Xoft Spy. Because I couldn't afford to actually pay to register and buy Xoft I couldn't clean them up automatically: instead I copied Xoft's list of malware files and Reg. keys and values, and deleted them by hand.

I think either I am still infected (despite an up-to-date copy of AVG) or one of the deleted files would have been better left, because now my PC keeps making a squeaking noise like a mouse (I mean a real, furry one), and about every 15 minutes the mouse cursor disappears off the top of the screen, and every half an hour or so it loses both the mouse and the keyboard completely and I have to reset.

I've reinstalled Windows (not a clean reinstall though) but it hasn't helped.

STOP PRESS: have found out bloody thing is still infected by Trojan Proxy.19.BJ (despite running AVG, XoftSpy, CWShredder and Ad-Aware and cleaning out all temp files etc.). Now taking this to another forum!

Edited by whitehound, 16 May 2005 - 05:03 AM.

Advertisements