Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't install SP3

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
When i try to install SP3 (I'm currently running SP2) the files extract and then pretty much straight after I press install, the install stops and a Service Pack 3 Setup Error message comes up saying "An internal error occurred" and then another box saying "Service Pack 3 instiallation did not complete". I have tried this many times and every time the same thing happens.

I recently went back to SP2 from SP3 because i required a program (Autodesk Revit) which needed SP2 to function. It still didn't work so I'm trying to go back to SP3. I'm guessing this is why it decided not to reinstall.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Edited by jsawt2, 05 July 2009 - 09:45 PM.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3...here
and here for your specific error