Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirecting Bug

• Please log in to reply

Lineridertutor

Lineridertutor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have been searching around google and for a quite a while now unable to click links without being redirected to some random junk... So in order to get to the website I need to copy/paste the link.

Whilst trying to fix this bug today I might of made some mistakes... I went into - system 32/drivers/ext and deleted everything. I noticed someone else did this and there problem was resolved. After I did it only half the time I click links I get redirected now. Oh and also because I deleted everything within the folder I named im unable to search in the web address bar.

Also due to this bug my computer runs slow and startup takes 10 minutes before you can click onto the internet without too much lagg.

Right, I just downloaded Hijack this and I can't even open it. Nothing happens. Any other programs I can use? Or could you also help me to resolve this problem to.

Thanks,

With Regards, Nick

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Follow the directions in this guide: http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
Then post the logs asked for in the guide in a new topic in the Malware Forum. A malware tech will help you get sorted out.