Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Doc Pro

• Please log in to reply

Karl Stone

Karl Stone

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I wish I had read a now closed thread on these boards before messing with this bunch of freeloaders.

Their ad clearly says 'Free Download' - '100% Fix Guaranteed

After a lot of time expended it did a scam showing in excess of 600 problems with my set up.

100% Fix -??????? Register first! Register -?????? Pay first!!!!!!

Apparently 99% of the so called problems detected are false positives, designed to fill you with horror.

Emailed them! - reply was 'we don't say its free'

Avoid - Avoid - Avoid - Avoid

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Uninstall it and leave it alone.
If you had 600 "problems" you'd have known about it long before now.

Karl Stone

Karl Stone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Neil

Have done already. There was an uninstall which worked, hopefully. Incidentally they responded offering me a free Product Key. I declined, suggesting they lock themselves away and throw the key out through the bars.

Karl

Mr. cake

Mr. cake

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
pc doc pro is scareware, so do not buy it.

It probably would be best to just unstall it.

Karl Stone

Karl Stone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks to you also, Mr Cake.

I thought I had uninstalled it but guess what - it was there again this morning at start-up.

Wouldn't respond to the close or minimise button. Eventually I deliberately started the purchase procedure (Oh yes! It responded to that!!) and then cancelled.

Mr. cake

Mr. cake

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
It sounds like you have spyware, please read this and start a new topic here.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
http://www.mywot.com...rd/pcdocpro.com

Mr. cake

Mr. cake

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Man I wish everyone had WOT. I have it and I love it.

Karl Stone

Karl Stone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks to all you kind people who have contributed and taken the trouble to advise how to rid myself of this problem.

Unfortunately I'm way below the standard of the first 'g' in geek and struggle to reach the first 'n' in numpty - in computer related matters and therefore I don't feel competent to follow your kind instructions, especially as my computer remains working.

I think the bug has gone now, having done a full scan with repair using AVG 8.5 Free. I don't get the intrusion of PC Doc Pro at startup.

However, in running that scan I noted in the list of scheduled scan events (12 noon, daily) that the scan which had been running when I installed PC Doc Pro had been terminated and the next 3 days scans had not started at all. There were no scans scheduled in the AVG main window and adding a scheduled scan was denied. I'm convinced this was altered by PC Doc Pro and other people who have been misled by these cyber-crims may need to check their own AV settings.

I remedied this by running the AVG download again and all seems well with daile scans scheduled.

Thanks again for all your kind comments

Mr. cake

Mr. cake

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Try my advise about going to the malware removal forum, they will fix you up.