Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Movie downloads

• Please log in to reply

Miriam84

Miriam84

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I hope I'm posting this in the right place-- Can anyone recommend a legitimate website for DLing movies and possibly TV shows (aside from CinemaNow)? I don't mind a monthly or yearly fee, in fact I expect it, as long as it's reasonable. I'd also like to be able to burn DVDs of the DLed mateial. Am I asking for too much??? lol

If this is not the place in which I should have posted such a topic, would someone please be so kind as to point me in the right direction? I'm a newbie :)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Miriam84, 01 July 2009 - 03:53 PM.

Advertisements

Christopher2405

Christopher2405

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
iTunes certainly sell both movies and TV shows, and have quite a wide variety. The price of movies varies greatly - most seem to be either £6.99 (approx. $11.50) or £10.99 (approx. $18)on the UK store. TV shows seem to cost anything between £1 and £4 ($1.64 and $6.57).

Movies and TV shows can both be rented from iTunes as well, although I'm not sure whether or not movies can be burned to DVD (rented certainly can't, but bought possibly can).

Anyway, iTunes can be downloaded here, so you can try for yourself.

xMP44x

xMP44x

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
iTunes has TV shows and movies available for purchase. You have to download iTunes and make an iTunes Store account though to use it. I know of a program called Graboid that allows you to download movies and stuff. There's a price on it, but I can't remember what the price was. A free account gives you enough time to download three movies and a TV show, but you have to do it within a month.

Graboid and iTunes are the two I can think of at the moment.

inapaler

inapaler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
check one of my favorite site on my signature.

I like a lot, this is much much better than just a player. I am sure you'll like it too.