Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 3.5 - Problem Viewing VBulletin

• Please log in to reply

TipsyMcStagger

TipsyMcStagger

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I upgraded from Firefox 2.0 to 3.5 and I'm having issues when trying to view any VBulletin based forums.

You can see in the attached image that none of the topic headers are displayed. Also, when inside an individual topic, none of the discussion text is displayed. So far, it seems the only issue I'm having is when trying to view a VBullein forum.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

TIA.

Tipsy

Posted Image

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is not a Firefox problem as such. It's usually caused by some add-in or it's possible (but unlikely) the issue is with the vBulletin in question as they are customisable by the site owner. But I have not seen any vBulletin boards go wrong in Firefox.

TipsyMcStagger

TipsyMcStagger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

This is not a Firefox problem as such. It's usually caused by some add-in or it's possible (but unlikely) the issue is with the vBulletin in question as they are customisable by the site owner. But I have not seen any vBulletin boards go wrong in Firefox.

The problem existed in every VBulletin forum I visited.

I fixed it by creating a new Firefox profile. I have no idea why this worked, but it did.

I'd already tried disabling all plug-ins in my previous profile, to no avail.

Tipsy

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
98% of Firefox problems are caused by either a corrupt or damaged profile, or an add-in.
The other 2% are for everything else that can possibly go wrong with Firefox. :)