Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram upgrade

• Please log in to reply

acidgeek

acidgeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys
so basically I have a pretty old computer and I installed windows 7 from xp and it runs great, the problem is photoshop is really crawling and I did everything to tweak it, I need help with finding the right ram stick for my system.
for now I have 2 ram sticks with 512MB (pc3200) each the sockets are DIMM and I have one more free socket for ram.
now I really don't know much about ram only what I read online, so can I install a 1 GB stick or do I have to get exactly the same 512mb stick?
heres a link to my motherboard information:
http://hothardware.c...7S-Motherboard/

also I add more details about my system with JPEG scrn shots:

]system summery:
Posted Image

]motherboard
Posted Image

]memory
Posted Image

help would be greaaaaaaatly appreciated!

cheers!
Acid

Edited by acidgeek, 02 July 2009 - 12:20 AM.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Please go here and run the crucial system scanner tool. You don't have to buy any memory from there, but it will tell you what kind of memory you can upgrade to as well as how much.

-mp

acidgeek

acidgeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the help!

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Not a problem, glad I could help :)

-mp

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You will be able to only add another 512mb of ram. This will be confirmed by Crucial.

Your screen shots show a maximum of 1536mb with 1024 already installed. And that you have 1 slot free.

123runner