Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard help!

• Please log in to reply

conker

conker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: -Help please!
My b key popped off(i used the onscreen keyboard to right the b's here).
I can almost fix it, the crisscross, thing and the clear squishy button is there, but I cannot get the key(the external square plate with the B on it) back on. -thanks

by the way...my kitten jumped on the laptop and when i pulled him off, his claws were wrapped around the b key! So he decided to take the key with him...sigh...

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Don't ya just love cats?! Mine tried to sit on my 70GB SCSI drive the other day, whilst I was attempting to partition it.

Laptop keys normally just clip back on. Check that nothing has snapped off inside the key.

conker

conker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, nothing is broken off...i just cant pop that sucker back on there.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, what it the make/model of the laptop?

conker

conker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's a gateway pc, with AMD 64 Athlon, windows xp, and graphics by ATI. Thats what it says on the laptop itself. I've been trying here and there for around 2 solid hours of fiddling with the busted key, I just can't get it back on there. It's really starting to annoy me. ;)

I almost want to give up and just work around the key. :tazz:

PS:: Sorry this reply took so long, I had to take a nap due to lack of sleep.

Edited by conker, 11 May 2005 - 11:36 PM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
To be honest with you, I'm familiar enough with gateway laptops to know how to pop keys back on. All I know is, most laptops do have keys that pop on/off & should just clip into place.

Personally I would carefully remove one of the neighbouring keys & have a look at it to see if anything is missing from the B key, but I can't advise you to do that in case you end up with 2 busted keys.

Supergeek.dcse

Supergeek.dcse

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
think they use just a gerneic copy a liton keyboard the button should have have a deck chair looking x shape bit of a hing looking thing which some times gets lost when button pops of if u still got it hold butoon with someblue tak put the x on keyboard and clip button back on