Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help needed please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Unfortunately some really messed up things have been happening to my computer to last couple of days. Somehow a whole bunch of hijackers and adware have been put onto my computer. I managed to get rid of most of them, or so i thought. Everytime i dial back to my internet connection and open internet explorer another window comes up and thats when it installs these hijackers. They are the ones like IST toolbar, optimize and others.

I've tried to get some of the anti-spyware and Hijackthis but whenever I click on the link to get it, it says something about my current security setting do not allow me to download this file.

Also every so often my Norton stops a trojan:

Source: C:\WINDOWS\system32\.pif
Click for more information about this virus : Download.Trojan

Source: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sys2\nt.dll
Click for more information about this virus : IRC Trojan

The first one has happend more than once. And I've tried system restore and that doesn't work either.

I really would appreciate any help because I'm kind of freking out when this happens.