Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected by Trojan.BHO!

• Please log in to reply

nerwnas

nerwnas

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Good afternoon

I have an Acer Aspire 8930G notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium and ever since i bought it i was using ESET internet security.About a month ago i started using Kaspersky.I connect to the internet through a wired router Netgear DG834.

About a week ago i stopped connecting to the internet and whatever i did(i changed router passing from a Dlink 524T to the Netgear and i also changed cable) i couldn't restore my internet connection.Note that the other 2 computers connected to the network don't present any problem with internet.

From the first time i scanned my computer with Kaspersky and it didn't find anything.Afterwards i scanned my system with Malwarebytez and it dicovered 9 infections,2 of which were a partner.dll and a partner.exe located in the folder programdata of partision C.

Despite the fact that i cleared the infections with MBA,nothing changed!!!Ever since i tried several things:

1) Recovering the windows from the hidden Acer partition(PQSERVICE) using the eRecovery program by Acer to the factory conditions

2) After formatting completely the hard disk and consequently erasing the acer PQSERVICE partition,i tried to install windows by the recovery CD's i created with the eRecovery program

3) Formatting the hard disk using Killdisk and installing another copy of Windows Vista,that a friend borrowed

The result is that in the first two situations MBA revealed the presence of trojan.BHO and afterwards when i was trying to scan with RootkitReveal and GMER, my system was crashing all the time with blue screen

in the third situation MBA scan was clean meanwhile GMER revealed the presence of two rootkits.After deleting these rootkits nothing changed!!

I clarify that while formatting,my notebook wasn't connected with a cable to the router and before connecting it,i was reseting the router

Could anyone please help me out??

Thank you

P.S. My network adapter is an Atheros AR8121 and whenever i put the cable in,the green light on the right side come and go and my status passes from local only to limited connectivity

Advertisements