Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD reading problems

• Please log in to reply

Joe4speed

Joe4speed

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my two dvd drives in my computer. One is a dvd player, and one is a writer. A couple days ago they developed problems reading cd's/dvd's. They both have the same problem, they will read the discs fine for a few seconds, then they will freeze and the lights will just blink on and off on the front of the drives.
I have uninstalled the drivers and the IDE controllers and reinstalled them and the same problem continues.
Any thoughts?? :tazz: ;)

It is a Dell Dimension 2400, Celeron 2.6ghz, 1024mb RAM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Do a google on your problem there is tons of information on it, I tried to help someone with the same issues on a dell awhile back but that was with just one dvd reader and after much searching came to the conclusion the drive was bad, seems to be a issue with dell.

Sorry can't be more help but other than trying the drives in another computer there is just to much info to sift thru to try and diagnose.

Rick

Joe4speed

Joe4speed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OK! Thanks man! I'll post back if I get it resolved! :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts