Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP - No internet, unknown infection, folders missing

• Please log in to reply

Vintage Charms

Vintage Charms

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
The good news: I have a refurb IBM I am using. I downloaded to thumb drives and ran on the desktop that is infected. The following has been completed:
(I have zero knowledge of computers) There is no AV on this computer now. Just a firewall (i think). I know, I know. Don't say it.

TFC - OK
Malware - failed to load vbalgrid6.ocx version may be outdated error
rooter - OK
OTL - only got one log named OTL.txt

I had worked with the Adware people for a couple of days because it seemed after they told me to delete a bunch of things, all of this happened. But we just go round and round and it is so slow. This all happened June 27th or so. I have forgotten.
TIA, Carole (oh yeah, I did system restore point on June 27th just in case. Guess what? CANNOT restore! Natch. Please be patient with me. I am OK with losing the computer, I just have a couple of emails I would like to be able to transfer. Last time I backed up was Feb/Mar. Thanks.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Follow this guide: http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
Then post the logs asked for in the Malware Forum, and a tech will get to you asap.
If problems persist after being declared clean, then come back here.