Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I Listen To My IPod While Servicing Computers? [Static Question]

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I service my pc, and other peoples computers all the time. & it's quite tedious especially when you have nothing else to do alone in a quiet room. Which is why I wanted to ask a simple question. Can I listen to my IPod while I service computers? Or could this cause some sort of static shock to components in my pc as I touch them?

I'm no expert which is why I'm asking...

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
No more dangerous than using anything else around a computer. Cups of coffee which can be the highlight of working on some computers are more dangerous. With all due respect, you are more of a hazard to the computer than anything else and I don't mean that in a nasty way. Human error accounts for many issues with computers internally and externally.

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
That was a great comment Neil... You know you've helped me clear up some of my questions over the years, and I don't think I ever thanked you directly. So for all of your help, and everything you do on this forum I've just got to say THANKS! Simple as that, there is no more a man can ask for from another human being other than knowledge, respect, and care.

So THANKS!