Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error removal-Free download?

• Please log in to reply

catpoop

catpoop

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
Is there a free download that actually does everything it says it does for free? Most claim this but they all lead you on by fixing only some errors.They try & rook you in to giving them money to upgrade.Is there an absolutely free trial download that will repair"all"my errors.Or am I fooling myself.My system is XP.
Thanx

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
It is hysterical to think there is a program out there that could fix all errors.. let alone - if it existed, it would obviously not be free. Some tools exist for fixing certain errors that are free and not scams, but the majority of ads you see on web searches and things, are almost always scams, or in the least - not truly free. If you have a computer problem or error message, post it here and we'll try to help. :)

-Jason

Edited by OpenOutcome, 02 July 2009 - 08:04 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
A lot of times you will see ads for programs that will check your system and report all these errors. In reality, a lot trick you into believing you have all these problems/ errors when in reality you do not. It is especially true of some virus scanners and registry cleaners.

Note: Do not run any registry cleaners or defraggers. Most will render the computer useless.

If you have a problem, please let us know and we can help.
Likewise, if you have questions on a particular program, we can advise on that also.

123runner

catpoop

catpoop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
My problem is my pc has been running really slow lately & I`m being told that my memory is getting full.I want to upgrade but I`m not working right now.I had to give up my AVG because it takes forever to update.I`m was also recommended by some one here to download Avast to replace my AVG but it doesn`t seem to be doing anything.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Avg will slow down some systems.
You say that the Avast "doesn`t seem to be doing anything". Can you elaborate on this? More detail.

From my signature can you download and run Everest.
On the far left...expand computer
Click on summary
Go to the very top and click on report.
On the drop down menu....click on quick report-summary
Then click on plain text
paste in to your next reply the summary report.

You do not need to include anything below the debug-PCI

This will give us a starting point to be able to furthur advise you.

123runner

catpoop

catpoop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
When it is updating it slows my computer to a crawl & doesn`t seem to be correcting anything.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Avast will not correct anything per say. You have issues and we need to look at them systematically.
Avast scans and will find and remove virus's.

We need to see the Everest report and then we have other reports we can look at to help you.