Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply

D.F.L.

D.F.L.

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:)
Ok, so everything was working fine. And then I downloaded ConvertXtoDVD free trial. I then started having audio and a few other problems, I had to uninstall it and do system restore. Everything was working again. Until I uninstalled the free trial of All Video Joiner (Zealot Software), and I think the other one I uninstalled was VLC Media Player, just a few minutes apart. So I don't know which one messed me up. My cd's play and burn just fine, and dvd's also play fine, but now I can't burn dvd's. I use Windows DVD Maker to burn the dvd's, but they alway's stop at 99% and say could not burn because this pops up, (Please make sure the DVD-ROM drive is connected properly or your disc may be dirty). I'm not using dirty disc's and I've used a laser lens cleaner in the drive. I've only burnt around 11 dvd's on the drive and I'm using the same disc's as before so that should not be a problem. I've went online to find solutions, and here's what i've figured out.

That the solutions they give you to try don't work, well at least not for me anyway.

As I have tried the following options.

1. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
or...
2. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on downloaded file, and allow registry merge.
or...
3. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

So I don't know what else to do. If anyone has any advice or other solutions, that might help I Would appreciate it. Thank You :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try DVDFlick: http://www.dvdflick.net/

D.F.L.

D.F.L.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:)
I'm still having problems burning dvd's, in every application I've used. I've tried DVD Flick, Cheetah DVD Burner, Windows DVD Maker, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player. There's always a problem burning dvd's. They can't burn or if they do burn, it only burns the data instead of the movie and I have to throw the discs away because they're no good afterwards. I'm getting very frustrated and I need help. What the... is going on? Thanks for your time.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It may be bad coincidence, but there is a chance, your burning laser is dead.