Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

able to connect on my network but unable to connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply

sykool

sykool

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a home network with a LINKSYS WRT54GL with 2 pc's and ps3. My dell dimension e520 just suddenly unable to connect to the internet, it was fine yesterday but now it not working. so i rested everything, switch ports and still no success. I was originally think my network adapter just died, however I am still able to share files thru out the network. Even my ps3 that is connect wireless it see my music from e520. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks everyone

Advertisements

mike171562

mike171562

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Did you pay your ISP bill? seriously, check your modem and make sure the sync light is on, check your router's status page and see if you have an IP address from your ISP. Call your ISP see if they can see your modem in sync.

sykool

sykool

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
you think it would be an issue with the isp provider cause the other computer still has internet and my ps 3 too could also connect online it just my e520 computer not able to connect online and i check my router setting and they seem fine and i ipconfig and everything matches? thanks!

Edited by sykool, 03 July 2009 - 03:30 PM.

sykool

sykool

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
on the modem the sync light is blinking but every other light is solid and i have earthlink cable

sykool

sykool

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i found out it my anti virus however i look at the setting on my other pc they all use trend micro 2009 and the setting are the same on all pc's????

mike171562

mike171562

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
If your modem sync light is blinking its not in Sync. Try rebooting it if it does'nt come on and stay one, its an ISP problem, make sure your modem line is Not filtered and your not using a splitter.