Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

vista pc unable to detect my connection (but can detect others!)

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all,
I was trying to set up a proxy server on my vista laptop (never tried it before) which would also work with applications so I could surf anonymously and watch UK tv outside of the UK. Bit naughty I know but how else could I get Eastenders? :)
So, I read a few tutorials and found one which seemed to be what I needed: [url="http://www.your-free...read_uid=4485"]
It said I had to download proxifier or proxycap, your-freedom client which proxifies SOCKS etc, and zattoo to watch it on.
Not sure what happened through the installations, everything seemed to be fine but when i tried to start the proxy connection it gave me a message "Authentication failed", and then I suddenly no longer had a connection at all. My laptop can detect all the other wireless networks in the area except mine. My main desktop is still running fine so I know it's not the connection itself. I uninstalled all the software I had just installed and still nothing. Can anyone tell me what steps I need to take to get my laptop back online?