Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Software, etc for Mac

• Please log in to reply

lab))

lab))

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi mate,

I never use Mac so I don't know about it at all. One of my friends informed me his problem but I couldn't help him:

"He want to install Anti-virus on his computer (Mac OS), but every time he click the set up, it goes to SWF player instead of begin the installation. The same happened when he want to install any software.

Also when he download any file from forum, etc; the file goes to SWF player when he opened it".

To Friends here who are familiar with Mac, may I ask for help how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Mac has a very secure operating system and really doens't need a virus software last I checked.

and most virus software out in the market right now is mainly for windows.
Thus if your trying to install a Windows Virus software into a mac you won't get anywhere.

Two completely different operating systems thus you need two completely different programs.

The few things that are universal between mac and windows are.
Itunes, and Quicktime.

Could be more but hey just letting you know you probley won't be able to install the program anyways.

Just run OSX as is,.
There is a reason why macbooks are so good.