Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to Copy an Active file from my RAM

• Please log in to reply

Sk8erjonath

Sk8erjonath

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

There is a Class file that im running directly from a Website..
I'd like to have that Class file, So i was wondering is there is any way to Copy the file to my HDD when it is Running, From the Random Access Memory. If it is Running, Then it's probably in the RAM so.. Any suggestions to get that Class file ?

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :) Welcome to GeeksToGo!

I would be glad to help you if it weren't for the fact that I can't verify the legality of what you are wanting to do.

What website are you attempting to retrieve the class file from? Also, what kind of file is it? What is it for?

Sk8erjonath

Sk8erjonath

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It is a Script compiled from a Java Source, Into Class file.
I use a Program that connects to that Class file automaticly and runs it directly, Tought in one week they will make it go, And i wish to keep it.

I can't say the Website and the Program publicly, But if you want to help me, Ill answer theses Questions in a PM.

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
I have never liked using PM's as a way to provide help at forums, but seeing as I do not have the rank to place a privacy lock on this topic, I will agree to it this once.

I just sent you a PM

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Help is permitted in the forums only. No support is offered, or allowed via Personal Message or email.

Section 3 dot point 4 taken from our Terms of Use, something that you both agreed to when joining these forums forbids help via PM. I think that you both should consider this before continuing with your current actions.

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Oh I'm sorry, he hasn't replied yet. All I wanted to do is figure out if the reasons behind his wanting to do so were for personal privacy (something embarrassing maybe?) or if what I suspected was true, and that this really was something illegal he was trying to do. In either case I would have continued here, not in private messages.

Sk8erjonath

Sk8erjonath

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok sorry,

Well, we did'nt have the time to communicate via PM so..We're all good.
As said on my previous Post, It is nothing Illegal, I would like to keep the Class file before they discountinue it.

I do not see this act as something Illegal because i paid for that Java Script (Wich runs compiled in Class File)

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Right, but the issue becomes, is having a copy of it legal, or if only using it is legal.

I'm sorry but I won't be able to assist you until I know what website you are trying to download the class file from.

Sk8erjonath

Sk8erjonath

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well we are a private community and i can't tell it.

Thanks for your time anyways.