Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"BootMGR is compressed?"

• Please log in to reply

boredom451

boredom451

• Pip
  • 1 posts
what is this hp mi restore image creator thing you guys speak of
because i have the same thing and its the same model as the first guy
and the only thing i can do with the laptop is when i turn it on it has the hp ball thing i can press f9 and f10 and when it says BOOTMGR is compressed i can press ctrl+alt+del but then the same exact thing happens again and again and again

Advertisements

masnght

masnght

• Pip
  • 1 posts
110 laptop won't turn on. When i plugged in with an AC, it doesn't show any power and led of num lock and caps lock are also off. I have checked supplied voltage hp compaq mini 110 wont power up

LizzyBeth

LizzyBeth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem with my HP Mini model 1151NR. I called HP and received no help because my contract had expired, however I was able to find the instructions on their website. The instructions are pretty much accurate. Click on the link below to take you to the page, or follow the intructions below. Hope this helps you and anyone else experiencing this issue. *Note: You do not need to an optical drive to do this. A thumb drive works fine.

http://h10025.www1.h...n...c=en&dlc=en

Creating a bootable USB flash drive using a Windows computer

To download the files on a computer running a Windows operating system and create a bootable flash drive to recover your notebook, follow these steps:

1)From your Windows computer, go to www.hp.com , click Support & Drivers , select Download drivers and software (and firmware) and enter the Mini's product number and click Next .

2)If the resulting list has more than one product number is listed. select your specific product number from the list and click Software & Drivers download . Select the Linux operating system.

3)Select HP MIE Restore Image Creator (for Windows) , click Download , and save to an easy to find location such as the desktop.

4)Locate the ImageCreator file and double-click. Then click Next , Next to accept the default installation folder, and then Next again to install the ImageCreator utility.

5)Click Start, All Programs and then click HP MIE Restore Image Creator utility from the list provided.

6)The HP MIE Restore Image Creator utility opens and display a message to insert the USB flash drive into a USB port on the Windows computer and click OK.

7)Select Download HP Mini MIE recovery image. **Note: You will have to pick another location to save the image file. Select your desktop.

8)Click Start to download the latest HP MINI operating system.

9)A message is displayed when the process is complete as shown below. Remove the USB flash drive.
"The recovery image has been successfully written to the USB drive. You can now use the drive to restore your HP mini. See your HP mini documentation for directions on how to complete the restoration process".

10)Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port on your HP MINI.

11)Turn on or restart the notebook, and then press the F9 key repeatedly while the F9 = Change Boot Device Order message is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen. The System Restore page opens.

12)Use the arrow keys to select the USB flash drive, and then press Enter .

13)Press Enter again to begin restoring the notebook.

14)Follow the on-screen instructions to install the operating system and programs.

15)After the operating system and programs are installed, remove the USB flash drive to restart your computer.

NOTE: The notebook will automatically restart after removing the USB flash drive. You are then prompted to set up your notebook.

You should then run Update Manger to install any updates that were lost during the recovery process. Then you should restore you personal files, music, and photos from the latest back-up.

awol1200

awol1200

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had the same issue with my wifes computer and followed all the directions to load the new image. The computer now has linux and my wife originally had windows xp and would really like xp back. If anyone could help out I would greatly appreciate it.