Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 issues

• Please log in to reply

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I downloaded the Release Candidate of windows 7 build 7100 from Microsoft today and I wanna test it out before installing natively on my computer and I'm using VMware workstation to test it the first issue is it auto detected as windows vista and it created compatibility issues I'm in the installation process now and it automatically is restarting before the actual installation screen comes up any ideas

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
only thought that comes to mind is to ask what version are you installing (32 or 64bit versions)?

this article may be helpful

C++ noob

C++ noob

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello.

I had the same trouble.
but i deleted windows vista and I Instaled windows 7 and it worked.
hope it helps :)
btw, the latest windows 7 build is 7279 (I think)
and daemon tools dosen't work yet

Edited by C++ noob, 04 July 2009 - 12:59 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Any builds after 7100 are leaks and unauthorised releases.
Plus many of them that come off the P2P networks come bombed with trojan horses. Therefore please don't download them from anywhere but Microsoft.

C++ noob

C++ noob

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Any builds after 7100 are leaks and unauthorised releases.
Plus many of them that come off the P2P networks come bombed with trojan horses. Therefore please don't download them from anywhere but Microsoft.

I took it from the official windows 7 beta testers microsoft page (or something like that)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The only releases of Windows 7 from Microsoft are build 7000 (the Beta, which expires 1st August) and build 7100 (the release candidate, expiring next June). Nothing else is an official release.

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
to starjax,I'm running the 32 bit version because thats my OEM operating system version and I finally got it installed but now it wont read my video card drivers

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Have you visited the vmware forums. http://communities.v...top/workstation

Would help if we knew what hw you were running on.

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
hmmmm have not tried the forums there but my main issue now is just trying to get the virtual machine to find my real monitor instead of using the virtual one so I can see the visual effects that come with windows 7 probably same as vista ultimate but I still wanna try them out