Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting to wireless network problem

• Please log in to reply

muppie

muppie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got a new WRT54G2 router. I have 3 computers - a desktop with XP, a wireless notebook with Vista, and a wireless notebook with XP. All had been connected with the old router. When I installed the new router, I had no problem connecting the desktop and the Vista notebook to the network. The XP notebook kept saying that there was limited connectivity. I tried establishing a static IP address - following linksys self help topics. The computer now says that it is connected and has a excellent signal - but there is no internet or email connection. When I try to open Internet Explorer, it says that I am offline. When I try to open Outlook Express, its says my host could not be found. Please help! I am so frustrated.

Advertisements