Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstall Advanced Systems Care

• Please log in to reply

Bimbles

Bimbles

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I installed this program my McAfee Security Center said it had a TROJAN and deleted that part. Now I can not uninstall the program. I keep getting notifications for updates flashing on my screen. I have tried doing an update but to update it wants to uninstall and re-install the program. Since the program does not uninstall, I do not get an updated program. I tried doing a restore and it completely wiped out part of my McAfee Security Center and I had to install it again. I got this program (Advanced Systems Care) thru PC Net.
How can I remove this? :) I have written to them and not received an answer as yet.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Most times an uninstall will only happen if you have a clean install.

First try Revo Uninstaller.

If that does not work, I would try to re-install the program, BUT since Mcafee treats a file as a virus, disconnect from the internet and then turn off McAfee from running. Install advanced system care and then try to uninstall.

And just a note: Any free program that states it is a fixall for all computer issues with a 1 click resolution are worthless. Do not use any registry cleaners and registry defraggers. They will wreck havoc on the system and they do no good.

123runner

Bimbles

Bimbles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Revo Uninstaller did not do the job. I get the same message with it that I get with the add/remove programs. Advanced Systems Care uninstoo1.msg

Bimbles

Bimbles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am not sure I follow you other instructions. I am on dsl so I can turn off the box for that but not sure about messing with McAfee. Also I have to be on the internet to do the reinstall and it will not reinstall the program without uninstalling the old one first. Am I completely lost?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Can you post the exact error message you are getting/

Have you tried uninstalling it in safe mode? Tap F8 as you boot up and choose safemode with networking. Safe mode will take a while to load and will look funky. The graphics will be off and there will be the words "safemode" in the corners. This is normal.

123runner

Bimbles

Bimbles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I appreciate your help. I finally got the unwanted program out of the computer. I wish I could tell you how but alas, I can not. I do know instead of using the update that it keeps sending me, I did go to the site and saved the program to desktop. Then it I installed with no problems and then I deleted the program in Add/Remove. I am not educated on computers. Just learning what I can from other people. I thank you.
This message board is not an easy one.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
What you did was actually install it again which repaired the 1 you had. This allowed you to do an uninstall.

My mistake in that I "assumed" that you were completely downloading the program and then installing instead of "running" and installing from the download location.

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for letting us know

123runner