Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fix <windows root>\system32\hal.dll without win xp dis

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you have damage to sectors of the drive...the data that was stored there can not be read...
you may be able to format the drive and reinstall windows but after you go to all the trouble to do that it may only last a short time and you would be back in the same position you are today...
I would replace the drive and reinstall windows to the new drive...

Edited by happyrock, 07 July 2009 - 05:35 PM.

Advertisements

ipoder2

ipoder2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
ok thanks

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...

bubub309

bubub309

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey can you help me out, i followed all your steps but i cant get it to see c:\WINDOWS> therefore i cant even enter 1..says fonund one or more errors on the volume..it shows total allocation units and units available on disk ........

when you say 5 stages, do you mean i have to run chkdsk /r 5 different times after 5 reboots??

thanx

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi bubub309...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
please start your own thread..lowdown is here

rayevaughn

rayevaughn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HEY HAPPYROCK, IT WORKED!!! I DID EVERYTHING YOU SAID AND IT TOOK ME ALL OF 15 MINUTES AND IT WORKS !!! I WAS ALL SET TO TAKE IT SOMEWHERE AND PAY SOMEONE TO THIS. THIS IS FREAKIN' AWESOME. DUDE YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!