Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware System Security

• Please log in to reply

Deadpool57

Deadpool57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have been to the folder options before so I know it should be easy but for some reason the only things under my tools drop down are map network drive, disconnect network drive, and synchronize when I am under My Computer.

Advertisements

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
This tool has had success with this type of infection:

Download Kill.pif from here

Run the tool, then

Download avz4.zip from here
  • Unzip it to your desktop to a folder named avz4
  • Double click on AVZ.exe to run it.
  • Run an update by clicking the Auto Update button on the Right of the Log window: Posted Image
  • Click Start to begin the update
Note: If you recieve an error message, chose a different source, then click Start again

• Start AVZ.
  • Choose from the menu "File" => "Standard scripts " and mark the "Healing/Quarantine and Advanced System Analysis" check box.
    Posted Image
  • Click on the “Execute selected scripts”.
  • Automatic scanning, healing and system check will be executed.
  • A logfile (avz_sysinfo.htm) will be created and saved in the LOG folder in the AVZ directory as virusinfo_syscure.zip.
  • It is necessary to reboot your machine, because AVZ might disturb some program operations (like antiviruses and firewall) during the system scan.
  • All applications will work properly after the system restart.

When restarted

• Start AVZ.
  • Choose from the menu "File" => "Standard scripts " and mark the “Advanced System Analysis" check box.
    Posted Image
  • Click on the "Execute selected scripts".
  • A system check will be automatically performed, and the created logfile (avz_sysinfo.htm) will be saved in the LOG folder in the AVZ directory as virusinfo_syscheck.zip.

Attach both virusinfo_syscure.zip and virusinfo_syscheck.zip to your next post

To attach a file, do the following:
  • Click Add Reply
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
  • Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

Deadpool57

Deadpool57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
The kill.pif file was blocked by the infection.

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Step #1

Please download this tool by sUBs, and save it to your desktop.
  • Close any applications that you have open, as your computer will be rebooted
  • Double click +++.exe to run the tool
  • When it has run it will reboot your computer, you may then delete the tool

Step #2

Also, please remove any old version of ComboFix, and:

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Deadpool57

Deadpool57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
The step one file link is dead.

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Step #1

1. Go to Start->Run and type in notepad and hit OK.

2. Then copy and paste the content of the following codebox into Notepad:

@echo off
copy C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\scecli.dll c:\scecli.dll
Exit

3. Save the file as "fixes.bat". Make sure to save it with the quotation marks.

4. Double click fixes.bat.

Step #2

We need to execute an Avenger2 script
Note to users reading this topic! This script was created specificly for the particular infection on this specific machine! If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.
  • Please download The Avenger2 by SwanDog46.
  • Unzip avenger.exe to your desktop.
  • Copy the text in the following codebox by selecting all of it, and pressing (<Control> + C) or by right clicking and selecting "Copy"
    Files to move:
    c:\scecli.dll | C:\WINDOWS\system32\scecli.dll
  • Now start The Avenger2 by double clicking avenger.exe on your desktop.
  • Read the prompt that appears, and press OK.
  • Paste the script into the textbox that appears, using (<Control> + V) or by right clicking and choosing "Paste".
  • Press the "Execute" button.
  • You will be presented with 2 confirmation prompts. Select yes on each. Your system will reboot.
    Note: It is possible that Avenger will reboot your system TWICE.
  • Upon reboot, a command prompt window will appear on your screen for a few seconds, and then Avenger's log will open. Please paste that log here in your next post.

Step #3

Now try running ComboFix and Malwarebytes, then post the logs here.

Deadpool57

Deadpool57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I am unable to run notepad. The infection blocks all new processes and programs.

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Yes, please try:

Please download Win32kDiag.exe by AD to the desktop. Double click on it. It will make a diagnostic and produce a report on the desktop. Post that report on your next reply: