Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please Help ASAP, Urgent, Messed up computer

• Please log in to reply

BDahlin

BDahlin

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi, I was helping my girlfriend get rid of her rootkit virus tonight.
I followed this guide http://www.geekstogo...40#entry1567240
After Running ComboFix windows booted up and every program she tried to run came up with error saying:
"illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion"

She then proceeded to reboot her computer and it started a disk check and began going through many files...She said it would not allow her to cancel this.
I am out of state trying to help her, so am not sure exactly all the details...
She went ahead and went to bed and I told her to call me in the morning before she touched her computer...

Have I seriously messed something up here or did this computer just need a restart after running ComboFix?

Please Help :)

Advertisements