So I would like to ask if it's possible for a computer to get infected under the following circumstances:
1. Simply plug in the infected USB drive / discs / USB stick and do absolutely nothing!
2. Simply copy and paste the infected file, or move the infected file. We will be infected even if we haven't run/executed it!!
3. Just extracting files from an infected archive (e.g. zip or rar)
4. Simply double click to open an infected archive without extracting anything
5. All computers would get infected automatically if one computer in the same local network is infected. It doesn't require any user interaction!!
What should we do to help minimize the risks of infection if we are handling people with infected PCs, drives or files?
Please help and confirm. Thanks.
Edited by Master T, 06 July 2009 - 01:46 AM.