Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD - PC Reboots Every Hour - Need Help

• Please log in to reply

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello All,

Recently in the last 24 hours I have encountered quite the problem on my computer.
My Pc after running for more than 45 mins to a hour will go into fail mode "BSOD" and restart itself.

I first thought that it was heating problems and I checked my temps and ran monitoring programs and everything is normal. I then took to all several Malware and Trojan programs gutting my machine to find the answer and all though I found and deleted several infections I have remained clean and still am being restarted.

I wrote down the BSOD Stopped CODE an I have no idea what this kind of stuff means but it goes as follows.

0x000000D1,0xe21d0000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xedb87125

Does anyone have a solution for this that does not require a format ?

I'm running a Emachine t6520 and I am up to date on all my drivers as of tonight

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by StillWICKED, 06 July 2009 - 11:15 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try system restore..go back a week...
did you add any new hardware or software just prior to having the problem...how about drivers or update any software

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for a response but I discovered some malware that was hiding in previous system restores. My computer for weeks would not let me restore even when I turned the options on so I deleted everything that was hidden. The restore is really not an option at this point.

Weird thing is I did not add any new hardware recently and the last thing I installed was Google Earth. Since then I have deleted it and used RevoUninstaller to wipe it from the hard drive thinking it may be the reason, but still I am being rebooted after a certain amount of time.

Any other suggestions as I am at a loss and frustrated.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
boot into safe mode with networking...does it still blue screen after running about a hour

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
im currently in safe mode with networking and going to see if this is any different , I will post the response.

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well im still in safe mode this is the longest the pc has been on without restarting . I have to go to work shortly so I wont know how long it will last.

What does this mean that the PC stays on in Safe Mode and how do I correct this ?

I appreciate the advice very much.

THanks.

Charles

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if safe mode doesn't crash for hours and hours..you probably have a driver issue...
go to the device manager and look for any yellow ! or ? marks...
path is ...start...run...type in devmgmt.msc ..press enter...

Edited by happyrock, 06 July 2009 - 06:30 PM.

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok I have gotten rid of the caution marks and let the Pc run on normal and the same thing has happened again. An hour into using it the PC still goes to BSOD.

Any ideas ?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

ok I have gotten rid of the caution marks

exactly how did you get rid of them...
also need to know how long it ran in safe mode...

go here and get everest home...install and launch it...click the + by computer...click on sensor...get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...
get one screenshot as soon as you get booted and a second one after about 45 minutes

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
THanks for the input its much appreciated.

For some reason the program will not display the actual information no the screen to the right , however it will let me see the report in txt or html.

I can try to zip it and post it if you need it.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...zip it and attach it...
BTW... you didn't answer my question on how you got rid of the warning in the device manager..

Edited by happyrock, 07 July 2009 - 12:00 PM.

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Safe Mode remained on for a few hours before I went to bed and I deleted the caution marks as there was nothing there.

I do have several Realteks still there so I disabled all now leaving only the one I need.

I am currently running the computer in normal mode the longest I have in 3 days and it seems to be because my desktop "explorer.exe" crashed.

It then refreshed and all my icons came back but my desktop screensaver was gone just leaving the icons on a blue backround. This is interesting to say the least.

Also I should mention I have to manually load explorer.exe for the last 2 days upon startup.

Here attached is the EvEREST txt.

Thanks for helping me so far.

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I discovered some malware

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
that short report does not contain anything useful ...
I am leaning towards a malware infection at this point...
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....
post a link to this thread when your there and let them know I sent you...
if after getting a clean bill of health from the malware pros you are still having problems then come back here and post a link to your malware topic so I can see what they found and exactly what they did...

StillWICKED

StillWICKED

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Really think its Maleware ? I have gotten clean health from Malewarebytes ,
AVG , Windows Maleware program , Windows Defender an several virus programs.

I will take the next steps as suggested though since you both have recommended it.