Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

add printer error and mouse changes

• Please log in to reply

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
(1) I have 2 minor problems. One is that I keep getting a message of "found new hardware - printer". I do not have a printer installed, nor do I have a printer on this laptop. How do I get rid of this message. My mom ( who is 90 ) uses this laptop, and it completely confuses her. She is lucky to be able to turn it on an get and send e-mails.

Second, how can I change the touch on the mouse from a double touch to a single, making it easier for her to use? Thanks. Believe me, all help will REALLY be appreciated!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
lets start with the single click...
go to start ...control panel...folder options...put a tick in the single click and then ok...

now lets work on the printer issue...
click on start...run...type in msconfig...press enter...click on startup tab...uncheck anything having to do with printers...click on ok...reboot...
when you first boot up there will be a system configuration message telling you have changed the way windows starts...yada yada...just put a tick in the lower left box saying don't show this message again

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

lets start with the single click...
go to start ...control panel...folder options...put a tick in the single click and then ok...

now lets work on the printer issue...
click on start...run...type in msconfig...press enter...click on startup tab...uncheck anything having to do with printers...click on ok...reboot...
when you first boot up there will be a system configuration message telling you have changed the way windows starts...yada yada...just put a tick in the lower left box saying don't show this message again

I got the single click to work, thanks, but I still get the printer and "install new hardware" message.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
no need to quote what I said...it just slows me down...
go to control panel...printers and faxes...uninstall any printers you find in there...
reboot...