Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

application not found error

• Please log in to reply

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
This may be an easy fix for you guys, and the answer might be right under my nose, but I can not use any links that I receive in my emails using Windows Live Mail, I use to, but I did a sweep with smitfraudfix for some unexplained reason due to a brain cramp, and now I get a "Application not found" error when I try to use links in my emails. What can I do, and or what did I do? May someone help me? Please and thank you. Mort

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Mail opens web addresses in the default web browser or, knowing Microsoft, open everything in Internet Explorer.
Therefore the first thing to do is go into Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Options and somewhere on the many tabs is an option to make it the default browser.

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
yes, thank you Neil, that was the problem, and that was the cure, Thank you very much for your support, you have made live allot easer.