Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ntoskrnl-hook on Vista. Will not let me acess the net

• Please log in to reply

charlie digital

charlie digital

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there

when booting my PC it crashes immediatly (assumingly once it finds net connection) in normal mode and blue screens once I try access the net in safe mode.

In safe mode I can run Mcafee, which tells me it finds 2 cases of the Trojan ntoskrnl-hook.

from googling this bad boy I see that although it's a pain it can be removed by visiting one of a few online malware sites. My problem is that I cannot access the net at all so have no hope of using this remedy...do I?

Im also wondering if my case is slightly different to what I've read about so far as other sufferers seem to be able to access the net w/o issue.

Please help me I will be most grateful.

Many Thanks

C

Advertisements

charlie digital

charlie digital

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My PC eventually offered me the option of system restore. Please close this thread.

Thankyou