Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Editing ELF symbols

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Hello, i need to edit certain symbols in an ELF file compiled for the ARM architecture. I can use a hex editor to edit symbols as long as the new symbol name is shorter or equal in characters to the original one. The problem comes when the new name for a symbol is longer than the current one as the pointers to the following symbols break. Ive been trying to find a utility to either automate the process or let me edit the pointers/headers. I am willing to even do it manually if someone can tell me how.

I do not have the source code for the files, only the ELF bin itself (also needing to edit certain shared libraries)

Thanks.

Advertisements