Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

┼ Automatic Windows Updates ┼

• Please log in to reply

__NaStY_KiDD__

__NaStY_KiDD__

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Long Story Short

Computer Crashed with Blue Screen of Death, Took Me 3 Months to find a windows xp disk cuz its a hand me down computer !! got that all fixed removed madd computer problems but still alot of problems left. but to the problem im having now .

This is what I get when I go to Windows Update Website

The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running:

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed)
To make sure these services are running:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click Properties.
10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
If this does not resolve the problem you may request help from one of the following resources.

When I Try these steps all I get is a Access Denied so it wont let me turn them on manually or automatic they just stay shut off!!

I did contact windows and they said that it could be maleware that was causing it to not let me turn it on so guy gave me a program to run malewarebytes ran it found some stuff cleaned it restarted and same problem so iono what to do this computer needs alot of updates and it wont let me get any !!

any help would be appriated ty

-NaStY-

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

__NaStY_KiDD__

__NaStY_KiDD__

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ran all those programs and scans still having same ole problems turning on auto windows updates says access is denied ?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
As per Rorschach112, he believes you have malware. The symptoms point towards that. I believe you have malware also.
You need to post in that forum and get a clean bill of health. If you still have problems, they will send you back here.