Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp

• Please log in to reply

alikatt

alikatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Lost all my desk top icons... can access them by hitting ctrl/ alt/ del... cannot access my control panel. have spyware doctor and it tells me I have 1 virus, but it nver fixes it... be easy on me, I'm pretty comp illiterate!!!

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
It's possible you have a virus on your system, so I suggest you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal forum.

Before you start a new topic, please go through the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will remove 70% of the problems on your computer alone, and will get your computer ready for the experts to take a look.

If the problem persists once your system has been cleaned by one of our Malware Removal Experts, then repost in this topic and we can start looking at other options.