Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alternative to AutoCAD

• Please log in to reply

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Is there any free alternative to AutoCAD? Please tell me if there is any. I am a student and cannot buy the AutoCAD software as it costs a fortune here in India.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, a couple of thoughts. Have you looked at student versions? Is your course work autocad specific? Many places in the use use specific software. Often other software based design work will be rejected due to the course requirements. Also, autocad is industry standard.

Did a quick search and found a bunch of useful suggestions here

Boils down to your course work requirements and what you need to do with the application (features, compatibility, funtionality)

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Thank a lot starjax.. I couldn't find any student versions in the market.. I will try the softwares given in that link

jsawt2

jsawt2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
try www.students.autodesk.com, it's a great site that you can get the majority of the autodesk software, in student versions, legitimately. I have used it to get Autocad 2008, Autodesk Inventor Professional 10 and I just got Revit Architecture 2009 yesterday. :)

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Thanks a lot jsawt2 :)

jsawt2

jsawt2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
welcome...our teacher showed us the site and it has been VERY useful... :)

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
how do I find the someone who can invite me there? My am in college and we don't have any email ids given by our college

jsawt2

jsawt2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
that might be a bit harder...do you know anyone going to school? I don't know what the email address requirements are...