Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver irql not less or equal & more problems

• Please log in to reply

megin31

megin31

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been having computer issues for awhile now. I have written in to Microsoft and have not really been helped, so any help with this will keep me from losing my mind.

I have Vista on my laptop and for a long time now, I will get the blue screen and my computer will reboot. The screen doesn't stay up long enough for me to read. I have run in safe mode and it's fine while I'm in there. It also constantly freezes up me. Sometimes up to 10 times a day. I am also not always able to access my CD/DVD drive. Sometimes it shows up, and sometimes it doesn't. I have run the check disk for errors and I downloaded Malaware Bytes the other day to check for malware. It found a few things, but nothing crucial. I used to have Norton installed and the free trial ran out so I downloaded AVG. At first it was fine, and then I would get error messages saying that there were two antivirus programs and to go to Kaspersky and fix. So, I took off both programs with their removal tools just the other day as the Microsoft person told me to do. Oh, I was also told a while ago to do the selective startup (I think that's what it was called...to disable anything not Microsoft), and it's still in that mode.

I just started my laptop a few minutes ago, and everything started to load on my desktop and then, I got the blue screen with this message:

Driver irql not less or equal
Technical Information:
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000350, 0x00000002, 0x000000000, 0x8221CD2A)
NETIO.SYS - Address 8221CD2A base at 8220D000, Datestamp 478ad439

I'm ready to just trash the thing, because it's driving me insane. So, if there is any help at all that someone is able to give, I would more than appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Try THIS FIX from Microsoft.

Murray