Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapter for sims 2

• Please log in to reply

DarkHardy1223

DarkHardy1223

• Pip
  • 2 posts
See i just got this game and i downloaded it without a problem. But when i tried to run it that message poped up that said that i need directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapter but i cant find it. Please somone help me :) :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
where did you download it from.

Try http://www.systemreq...referrer/srtest
select the sims 2 and let it perform its tests. when it completes, it will present a summary screen of its findings.

DarkHardy1223

DarkHardy1223

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i bought the game. but i still cant find that DirectX thing.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did you run the test? If so, please run it again. Look for items that fail.

also, if you go to start and enter dxdiag. If you click on the display tab, it will give you the name of your video card and some other information. At the bottom, there is a button to "save all information". Pay attention to where you save the file and attach it in your next reply.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

also, if you go to start and enter dxdiag

Ya missed a step there starjax :)

Go to Start then to Run
Type in dxdiag and then click enter

If you click on the display tab, it will give you the name of your video card and some other information. At the bottom, there is a button to "save all information". Pay attention to where you save the file and attach it in your next reply.

Edited by rshaffer61, 09 July 2009 - 07:02 AM.