So, same thing....KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M @ ntoskrnl.exe
1. You uninstalled Norton, and you're able to burn some CD.
2. Installed Avast. Burning with WMP - BSOD. Burning with CDBurnerXP - success. The CD doesn't play in your car.
3. iTunes works too. No car playback.
4. Reinstalled old CD burner - no BSODs, CDs play in a car.
5. Nero uninstalled (Memorex suggestion). BSODs are back. Caused by Avast.
6. Checked for malwares. Computer is clean.
7. Avast uninstalled, Avira installed. New type of BSOD - KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M @ ntoskrnl.exe
8. BSOD happens even with all startups, and all non-Microsoft services disabled.
Where are we now?
It looks like uninstalling Nero caused BSODs return. All was well before installation.
Short of declaring some hardware problem, we need to check system files.
Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista), type in:
Click OK (hold CTRL, and SHIFT, hit Enter in Vista).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy.
If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD (rarely in Vista case).
If sfc won't find any errors in Windows XP, it'll simply quit, without any message.