Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

disablong firewall

• Please log in to reply

lhardy

lhardy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to know how do you disable the firewall, and when I start my computer I get this message:error starting program; a required .DLL file. MSASNI.DLL. was not found.

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Ok, let's take it from the top, shall we?

What Operating System are we working on here?
What firewall program is it that you need to disable?

We'll need to know that information before we are able to assist you. Let us know.

lhardy

lhardy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sorry, but I should have told ya. I am working on Windows 98, and I am also trying to disable any personal firewalls. I know I have to right-click on the icon and disable the firewall, but I can't seem to get the right one. I really need help with this error on my system though.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
I'm sorry, but you're loosing me now. :tazz:

If you know you have to right click the firewall and click disable, how are you disabling the wrong one? How may firewalls are you running on your machine? You should only have one good firewall installed. May I be inquisive and ask why you are trying to disable the firewall? Is it that you need to uninstall it instead?

I've done some research on your missing .dll file, but am not coming up with anything so far.