Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot sequence change won't let me post

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Ok, guys, I just made a new build... I had some trouble, with a black screen and it not posting, but I went through the whole thing, unplugged everything, took mobo out of the case and set it on cardboard, and tried everything, then I cleared the CMOS and it posted. I went into the BIOS and it is set all the way back to 2007 so I changed that, and I changed the boot sequence so that it checks my CD Rom Drive. The screen again goes black and won't post after saving and exiting. I reset the CMOS again and I went through and only changed the boot sequence, and again after exiting and saving it would not post.

I don't know what to do. I can't install windows now if it won't let me even post when I change the boot order. I have an Asus M4A78 Pro MOBO in there.

I also noticed that it was showing that my Phenom 3.2 gighz processor was running at 800 mhz.. ???

Advertisements

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
to add to this, it seems to be doing this after every boot, even if I don't change any settings

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
guys I solved my problem... thanks for atleast checking my post... I went and got the latest BIOS from ASUS... I wish they would update their boards before they send them out... That EZ Flash built into the BIOS is very handy, and I like that you can boot from a CD now instead of having to use a disk or even a USB.