Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I stream avi to my 360 using windows xp

• Please log in to reply

Skandranon314

Skandranon314

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello!

I have windows xp pro SP2 32 bit. I can get my avi files to play on my 360 from a flash drive. But I dont want to.

How can I stream them from my pc? I have zune set up and it works for music. But my entire video library is in avi format and it will not work for that.

Secondary question, does WMP not work with the 360 on xp? Windows media player 11 is supposed to, as far as I can tell, be able to connect to the 360 but every time I click ok on the media sharing screen nothing happens. Only way to get rid of that screen is to hit cancel or use the x. Either way next time you open it says media is not shared. Not to mention nothing shows up under it where the 360 show be showing up.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisements

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
The easiest way to play AVI files on xbox 360 is putting your data on either a flash drive or external hard drive and plug it into one of the usb ports on your 360.
They play fine. The only other way is if you also have a vista machine and stream media through media center.

But yeah, I just put my stuff on my external, plug it in and im set.

Hope this helps.

(if you cant find where the media is, you would go to either videos or music tab on your 360, then go to portable device :)...)