Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Modem wont work with new comp

• Please log in to reply

FailGeek

FailGeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

What reasons might there be for my modem not connecting to my new computer?

I have installed the disk but my speedtouch 330 USB modem (that came free form my ISP with my connection) wont connect.

Its just says it has found new hardware but cant find the driver for it, even tho it has been installed with the disk, there should be 2 green lights on the modem when working, one for saying the USB is connected and one for the ASDL connection, but all i get is the USB light flashed red.

I cant get any support form my ISP as its not in my name and I dont have the account information.

Any ideas why and how I could reslove it? Or is it just time for a new modem/router?

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you had the router before Vista days, it may not work with Vista.
You should be able to get new drivers for it from Speedtouch's website but USB modems are a pain in the proverbial rear and it'll be just as quick to invest in a router. With a router you can wipe the computer until the cows come home and providing the PC has a network driver installed, you can go on-line with it straight away.

FailGeek

FailGeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK thanks very much :)