Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any DVD Flick Users Familiar With Video Redo (TV Suite)?

• Please log in to reply

ronsweet2

ronsweet2

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This post is directed for those DVD Flick users who are also familiar with a software called Video Redo (TV Suite). Redo is a program I started using a few days ago because it allows me to parse the VOBs from DVDr's quickly and without a/v sync issues that I was getting from other softwares (it has many features, including editing capabilities, such as removing commercials from a TV program, etc.). Now that I have created several MPGs of video clips, I am ready to burn these clips to create custom DVDs.

Now, I have been using DVD Flick for a few months now, and I have gone through most of the learning curves involved in simply converting MPG and AVI files to DVD. I even spent some time to create some custom menus within DVD Flick, and almost without exception, love the program (and would probably even pay money for it if wasn’t free!)

However, now I also have TV Suite, which also has built in burning capabilities. So, I was wondering if any of the DVD Flick users had any experience with Redo and how its authoring/burning capabilities compare with DVD Flick. Obviously, I don’t want to invest the several hours of trial and error (learning curves) that it will take to learn how to use TV Suite for authoring/burning if it offers few or no advantages over DVD Flick.

For example, has anyone familiar with both softwares found one faster, or require less available hard drive space? (one thing I wish was different about DVD Flick is that I often need at least 12 GB of free hard drive space for the encoding and I have a very small 80 GB hard drive)

Is it just as easy to perform tasks such as building custom menus, etc. in Redo as with DVD Flick? And how does the resulting quality compare?
And most importantly, would one or the other provide a better or worse picture quality? I read somewhere there may be some issues caused by de-interlacing, etc. in Redo and not sure if that is also an issue with DVD Flick (I’m not familiar with exactly what de-interlacing is).

Any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Ron

Advertisements