Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need better sound on a father of 2 budget

• Please log in to reply

Flyman68

Flyman68

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I love to stream the Al Franken show and would appriciate any help with finding a new set of speakers for my computer at work. My budget can handle about $100 give or take. I dont need great sound. I just need some decent volume avalability with as little distortion as my budget will allow. I have a couple of satelite speakers now but they wont push enough juice. I have been looking at the "Bose Companion® 2 2.0 Speaker System (COMPANION2)" but am not sure if I trust the review I have seen. I have heard that the "Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speaker System" are decent but am not sure my boss would approve of a big subwoofer. Any and all assitance is met with my sincere gratitude. :tazz:

Advertisements

cybermaniac99

cybermaniac99

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi,
i currently use Altec Lansing ATP3 its a good speaker with no noticible distortion! its overall a good speaker and costs lesser than $100. but bear in mind that is has a medium sized sub-woofer!

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
there are many options available. The bose system you mentioned would very good Im sure, but seems pricey for computer speakers. I have heard bad things about some logitech systems. not all, but have seen many complaints about certain systems of theirs.

I would look toward the creative (makers of soundblaster) speakers myself. I have not heard of many complaints about them. a decent sounding 2.1 system (small sub, 2 satellites) will run you between $30-$60. www.creative.com

if you are worried about disturbing others, wireless headphones could be a good option.

another way to go would be if you have a boombox or office type stereo. as long as it has an input you can select and listen to. you would need an adaptor to take the signal out of the sound card (1/8 inch) and break that out to RCA jacks for the stereo input. these cost about $5 at radio shack.
ask away for any specifics on these!

Flyman68

Flyman68

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey thanks for the advice audioboy.