Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

error loading operating system_

• Please log in to reply

ZakK

ZakK

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there – I hope you can help me...

Well, I have lap top Sony Viao PSG-FX801 for few years now, and regularly (every 6 months or so) I do the format.

And today started the format and there was power cut in the area; when power come back, turn the LT on and now the first screen is “error loading operating system_” – so this message is the FIRST one, so no Sony screen; I can’t go to bios, will not boot system cd... well, it want do anything!!!!!

As I can recall, the power cut was at the first stages – I think exactly on “windows is loading/copying files”....

Please what I can do to give the life to it... Thank you. Zak

Edited by ZakK, 08 July 2009 - 03:08 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Something fried? I'd check it professionally.

ZakK

ZakK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Broni, thank you for reply.

To tell you the true: I don’t know.

This is what was done before the power cut: booted from cd, deleted old partition, create new one, and it started to format actually... so the power cut was I think while formatting (as I think better now, not on loading files as I have stated on first email...)

So, by that logic, the hd started to be formatted, but format was not completed... and I think this is the correct status of the hd now.

Is there any way to boot laptop in this condition?
Is there maybe way to take the hd out and attach it to something else as secondary, and format from there?
Anything else I can try?

Thank you. Zak.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Well, if you can't access BIOS, I don't think, you should even worry about hard drive, at this point.
I don't think, we can diagnose anything here, on-line.

ZakK

ZakK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you Broni.
Any sugestions? (Which will not include the hammer and the rubbish bin)
Rgds. Zak

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
As I said, you need to get it to the computer shop. Normally, they should diagnose the problem for free, and then you can decide, if it's worth fixing.

ZakK

ZakK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thank you Broni,

i fix it. well, i pull out all the laptop's parts (hd, ram,...), clean it, put it back together, boot it from the cd... and it started booting from it!!! just now i did complete all... everything looks just fine!!!

i seems i was lucky this time!!!

rgds. z

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Great news! :)

ZakK

ZakK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yap - i coudn't believe when xp cd started to load.

well, still don't know what was the problem on the first place, but i am so happy its working that really dont care. (and i dont think that odds of having the power cut in the next six months when i do next format are TOO HIGH - lol)

in any case, thank you very much for your time. rgds. z

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)