Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Image Errors

• Please log in to reply

CriticalNeed

CriticalNeed

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am getting 30 bad image errors at my start up. When I fix start up the computer I have to hit F1 to continue or F2 to run setup utility. Two bad image errors occur before the windows screen appears. Then approximately 28 more bad errors occur before my programs will load up.

I have tried fixing this with several Malware, spyware and registry programs without success. I followed all the suggestions from the geekstogo "Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide"

After three days of trying to solve this problem, I hope someone here can help me. :)

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Can you provide the exact error messages that you are receiving

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried to go into Safe Mode to see if the issue happens there?
From your post are you suspecting a virus or infection of some sort?

Can you provide system information as in...
Make and model
Laptop or desktop
Any hardware or software installed prior to issue?
Any updates installed as far as software?
Anything downloaded from internet prior to issue starting?

CriticalNeed

CriticalNeed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Can you provide the exact error messages that you are receiving

Yes, thank you for asking.

The exact error message is "The application or dll globalroot\systemroot\system32\hjgruiexetewbm.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." This message pops up for every bad image error.

The first four image errors are:
Services.exe - Bad Image
Lsass.exe - Bad Image
Userinit.exe - Bad Image
Explorer.exe - Bad Image

There are 25 more and each time I open something another one pops up. Thay all have the same message as above.

CriticalNeed

CriticalNeed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Have you tried to go into Safe Mode to see if the issue happens there?
From your post are you suspecting a virus or infection of some sort?

Can you provide system information as in...
Make and model
Laptop or desktop
Any hardware or software installed prior to issue?
Any updates installed as far as software?
Anything downloaded from internet prior to issue starting?

My system is a desktop Dell 8400
No hardware or software installed prior to issue

Critical window updates get installed when I get notified, but nothing right before all these errors occurred.

The same issue happens in safe mode.

I am suspecting a virus/trojan/infection. The computer was left on several hours and when I returned the "blue screen of death" was on my computer.

I did find four trojan programs on the computer when I used various virus programs and these were deleted. I don't know if the trojan programs caused all these problems or some other issue. :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

CriticalNeed

CriticalNeed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Thank you for responding. I did all of the "Geekstogo" steps as explained in my first post.

I am new to these posts so since I don't know if this is a infection or just an error. I posted here.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You have to post in the Virus Removal forum